Sunday, April 23, 2017

Wednesday Night Racing Starts This Week

The Wednesday Night Race Series kicks off this week.

So here is the plan ...

The boat is in the new slip - I expect someone will show up at Mears. Here is the link to find it. https://goo.gl/maps/tMBeb3hoVcB2 . If you don't have this email - all you have to do is put J42 Schematic in Google Maps. Drive straight in go as far as you can and there is a gravel path to get to the water - there should be plenty of parking - take the gravel path - you have to make a left and slips E1-E14 are on the finger pier. Schematic is at the end on the left in E13 

The skippers meeting is at AYC at 1630 - none of you need to attend - which doesn't leave much time - I'm going to plan to be back at the boat by 5. I'll get there early and open it up and assuming I enough have time, I'll get as much rigged as I can. For those of you who know the boat, I will assume that you will remember what to do - please just do it! Or just get it as far as you can.  Be sure to check out the new spinnaker pole! 

The number 2 may still be on the roller furler - if it is - it needs to be taken off, flaked and rolled up.  I expect that we will want the light No 1 on deck and ready to go. It's looking like very light air. 

The weather is looking a little weird - they are calling for rain in the morning that should stop along with the wind. Temps in the high 60's  https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=21403

When I get back we will pull out of the slip immediately to get out to the starting area.

Race Docs are Here - https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_event_documents.php?regatta_id=14268

We will be on the outer starting area, which is very convenient for us.  I do not know the start sequence or the class flag yet - there is an amendment that will be handed out at the Skippers meeting.

If you have any questions please call. Please let me know if you are not coming so I'm not waiting and if you are running late let me know.

I'll look forward to sailing with you.
Bob 

No comments: